NDC Parent Council Minutes for April 15, 2019
NDC Parent Council Meeting – April 30 2019
Meeting opened with prayer at 7:40 with prayer.
Minutes from March 19 2019 read, and accepted.
FINANCIAL REPORT coming from Heather.
- Total of $3897.23 in Sobeys’ points
- We need to go through the Sobeys accounts to see which families are still recorded, but whose students have graduated. Those points will go to Parent Council.
PRINCIPAL’S REPORT is attached.
- Changed from 4x a week to a longer block of time, once a week
- Easier to track attendance
- Easier to bring in a guest speaker, do more in-depth activities
- TAP cancelled on Fridays, when students will go directly to their first class instead
Mrs. Bennett is retiring. Her celebration is on Friday, June 7. Parent Council will contribute a small gift – Cathy will check with Nora and get some ideas.
- Paul will get us a list of names and send it to Heather
- Nancy is doing the cards
PAT Snack bags
- NDC PC will make up snack bags for the first PAT and Diploma exams, about 185 bags
- Gr.9 PATs and Gr.12 diploma.
- Paul will get the numbers to Heather.
- Send suggestions for what to put in the bags to Heather
- June 13, 14, and 18
- Next meeting is next Tuesday , about the working group, to see who’s going to need help with what
- Have met with Pat & Paula
- Have the date, venue
- Theme: Leap of Faith
- Tickets probably available around the end of October, beginning of November
Parent Council AGM in Edmonton
- Heather went
- Alberta School Councils Association
- All school councils belong
- They take our concerns to the government
- 20 resolutions that were voted on, as a body
- Each council allowed one vote
- A council is allowed to send a proxy to vote, if a council member can’t attend in person
- Heather went to a breakout session about amalgamating the public and separate systems and other educational options. She told them about how our schools already work together.
- Ask H to write up a quick description of that
- Some resolutions were amended before being voted on
May 9 is the 12 hours of prayer for palliative care at the Parish.
NDC Parent Council will do a potluck lunch for staff during the first week of exams
Next meeting May 21
Meeting adjourned at 9:23.
(Mandt training may be available to subs. Email Paul & ask him about it.)